These are some of the highlights of what has happened with YWAM Las Vegas since May of 2013. Thank you so much for supporting us in our efforts to expand God’s Kingdom here in Las Vegas!
- We continue to expand our Foster Connect ministry, which has seen hundreds of connections between foster children and Christian families. Just over the last 3 years this has led to over 35 adoptions. We continue to support, as ‘retention specialists’ 75 foster families
- We continue to serve 500 people a month at our community center with youth mentorship and grocery assistance and hundreds of people are giving their lives to Jesus and encountering God on the West Side and other parts of Las Vegas. We have started weekly nail days for at risk women and incredible monthly banquets in the most challenging neighborhood in all of Las Vegas
- We are pioneering a new ministry for exploited women and victims of human trafficking. They were recently featured on CBS Channel 8 here
- Our 5 month long Discipleship Training School that trains and sends young people out to change the world has doubled. From 2013 to 2016 we have sent over well over a hundred missionaries on mid-term mission trips to Cambodia, Thailand, India, Nepal, Zambia, Uganda, South Africa, Republic of Georgia, Czech Republic, and Berlin, Germany
- Our Mission Adventures program is on an upward trajectory and we will host around 300 short term missionaries in 2016! These are the ones that go boldly out to love, serve, and proclaim the good news. Our summer internship is training 23 college aged missionaries to reach Las Vegas and do the same in their home towns and college campuses.
- We have gone from 8 staff up to 18 with wonderful leaders emerging.
- We refinanced our main property, expanded our ministries, and, other than our mortgage, we are debt free!
- At one point we had no functioning vehicles but the Lord provides! We now have two mini buses, a 15 passenger van, and a small 2002 Toyota Corolla. They are all in working condition (for now 🙂 )